“Although having a college degree can boost competitiveness in the job market significantly, not having a formal four-year education doesn’t necessarily have to create a barrier to forging a great career,” said Sara Sutton, Founder and CEO at FlexJobs.
BOULDER, Colo. (PRWEB) February 09, 2021
A bachelor’s degree is often considered the gold standard for landing a professional-level job, but a college degree isn’t always a necessity for finding a great flexible career. As employers continue to embrace remote work amid the pandemic, work-from-home opportunities are continuing to grow for workers across all education levels. To demonstrate the variety of remote jobs that exist for professionals without a bachelor’s degree, FlexJobs has identified 20 fully remote jobs that do not require a four-year degree.
“Although having a college degree can boost competitiveness in the job market significantly, not having a formal four-year education doesn’t necessarily have to create a barrier to forging a great career,” said Sara Sutton, Founder and CEO at FlexJobs. “As this list shows, there are a wide range of remote opportunities available for anyone seeking professional-level remote work. In fact, there are a growing number of companies, like Google and Apple for example, that are recognizing and placing value on relevant skills and experience over stringent degree requirements,” Sutton concluded.
These fully remote positions include a range of industries such as healthcare, finance, real estate, HR & recruiting, administrative, computer & IT, sales, and customer service. The job listings below meet the following criteria:
- Requires at most an associate’s degree or equivalent years experience
- Full-time schedule
- 100% remote work
- Employee role (not freelance or contract)
- Active job listings as of February 5, 2021
1. Accounts Receivable Specialist – Change Healthcare
2. Administrative Assistant – Pearl Interactive Network
3. Broker Advocate – Freedom Mortgage
4. Contact Center Supervisor – Support.com
5. Customer Service Representative – Kelly Services/Kelly Connect
6. Developer – UnitedHealth Group
7. Executive Compensation Specialist – Ascension
8. Health Insurance Agent – Everise
9. Hospital Claims Analyst – Revecore Technologies
10. Inventory Revenue Manager – iHeartMedia
11. Lab Specialist – TridentUSA Health Services
12. Mortgage Loan – Condo Underwriter – Fairway Independent Mortgage
13. Mortgage Operations Manager – Cardinal Financial
14. Onboarding Specialist – Transcom
15. Payroll Clerk – TrueAccord
16. Recruiting Assistant – Transcom
17. Retention Specialist – Asurion
18. Scheduling Analyst – Truepill
19. Senior Compensation Analyst – ASPCA – American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
20. Team Lead, Title Operations – First American
The FlexJobs career coaching team offers these tips to remote job seekers who do not hold a bachelor’s degree:
For Jobs that Say They Require a Degree
Job descriptions often state that they require an advanced degree, which is frustrating for job seekers who know they could do the job even though they lack this credential. Here’s what to do:
- If the job description requires a general “bachelor’s degree” or “college degree,” you can apply even if you don’t have one. As long as you’re confident you could do the job based on your experience and skills, go ahead and apply.
- On your resume, in the Education section, add a line such as, “10+ years of experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree” or “2 years of coursework completed towards Bachelor of Science in Accounting” so the keywords “bachelor’s degree” appear on your document.
- In your cover letter, do a thorough job explaining how you meet many of the other requirements.
For Jobs Where You Don’t Match All the Requirements
If you match 60-70% of the qualifications, consider applying. A job description is a wishlist from an employer and they’ll almost certainly not wind up hiring someone with most or all of the qualifications. Studies find that many job seekers, especially women, hold themselves back from applying if they don’t match the vast majority of the job requirements.
These skills and experience can be helpful to securing a job without a college degree.
- A high school diploma
- Some college experience
- Equivalent work experience
- Fluency in a second language
- Special skills, such as Microsoft Office proficiency
- Volunteer work
- Demonstrated growth mindset and taking initiative to educate and train yourself
For more remote job leads, FlexJobs’ list of the Top 100 Companies to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2021 is a great resource for job seekers. Kelly/KellyConnect, UnitedHealth Group, Change Healthcare, Transcom and other top companies were named to the list and are hiring for remote jobs that do not require a bachelor’s degree.
For more information, please visit https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/remote-jobs-that-pay-well-dont-require-a-bachelors-degree/ or contact Katie Gilronan at email@example.com.
FlexJobs is a premium online job service for professionals seeking flexible work, specializing in full-time and part-time remote jobs, employee and freelance jobs, and on-site jobs with flexible, part-time, and alternative schedules. Since its start in 2007, FlexJobs has helped more than 4 million people in their job searches and has created the largest vetted database of legitimate flexible job opportunities in over 50 career categories. In addition, FlexJobs provides robust ongoing career support including curated expert resources and career coaching services to partner with job seekers in all phases of their journey. A trusted source in the media, FlexJobs has been cited in top national outlets such as CNN, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, CNBC, Forbes, and many others. FlexJobs’ Founder & CEO Sara Sutton has also launched two additional partner sites, Remote.co and 1 Million for Work Flexibility, to help provide education and awareness about the viability and benefits of flexible work. Sutton is the creator of The TRaD* Works Forum, dedicated to helping companies leverage the benefits of telecommuting, remote and distributed teams.
Share article on social media or email: