Jing Daily: Head of Digital Marketing
Jing Daily is looking for a creative, motivated, and media-savvy Head of Digital Marketing to lead various branding and marketing initiatives for our growing publication. The ideal candidate is a skilled originator with a track record of unlocking marketing and content opportunities for media and digital publishing sites. You are extremely detail-oriented and able to see projects through from inception to completion.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the digital strategy that drives global audience development in website traffic, report downloads, newsletter subscriptions and social media followers, leading to engagements and follows with the Jing Group’s brand.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and execute editorial and marketing initiatives to further expand our audience base
- Explore additional business and editorial opportunities with new partners such as co-
- publishing whitepapers and reports, content partnerships, webinars and more.
- Create marketing materials including: media kit, executive team summary, selling sheets, proposal templates and more
- Develop a robust pipeline and database of qualified prospects from the global cultural community (digital agencies, creative agencies, media companies, museums, cultural institutions)
- Oversee our weekly newsletter campaigns as well as performance reporting
- Work with the team to develop goals and track internal KPIs for benchmarking and optimization, including for internal reporting and optimizing future campaigns.
- Manage and improve online content, considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Develop tests of messaging, subject lines, and calls to action to review for effectiveness.
- Manage email lists in alignment with best practices in data management and develop strategies for list growth, including approaches for data capture, both high- and low-tech.
Who you are:
A data-driven marketer with experience of executing outbound email, working with CRM programs, you will be confident with creating, proofing, monitoring and reporting on customer engagement or lifecycle communications.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a business development, digital marketing partnership-driven marketing position
- Proven ability to own deal processes from origination to execution
- Experience of devising and executing email or CRM campaigns using Mailchimp and scheduling tools
- Good data literacy, including the ability to track and report campaign performance, using Google Analytics, Excel and PowerPoint; experience of working with email performance or customer engagement metrics
- The ability to devise testing and optimization plans, founded in reader insights
- Experience of managing large scale email campaigns and/or personalization would be an advantage
- Subscription or membership marketing experience is desirable, including an appreciation of the role of marketing within a content-led, recurring-revenue business
Preferred, but not required:
- Publishing experience
- Luxury experience
- China language skills